Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ethan Adams <et...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/04 21:46:26 UTC

FolderPermission confusion

Can anyone tell me the difference between /foo/- and /foo/* in a
FolderPermission?

There doesn't seem to be any difference

Re: FolderPermission confusion

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Apr 4, 2008, at 9:46 PM, Ethan Adams wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the difference between /foo/- and /foo/* in a
> FolderPermission?
>
> There doesn't seem to be any difference

Yes, it does make a difference. From the Java Permission docs:

A pathname that ends in "/*" (where "/" is the file separator
character, File.separatorChar) indicates a directory and all the files
contained in that directory.
A pathname that ends with "/-" indicates a directory and (recursively)
all files and subdirectories contained in that directory.