Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Paradies <pa...@Transit-Online.DE> on 2000/02/23 17:37:15 UTC

Problem with POST-Reqs via RequestDispatcher.forward()

Hi,

I've noticed some trouble in forwarding post requests with Tomcat3.0/standalone
(at NT).
I've already seen some posts dealing with this problem but without answers. I'm
relative
new to Tomcat but not to servlet engines / containers in general.

My sample scenario is as follows:
A servlet, say the FrontServlet, forwards every request via forward(req, res) to
another
servlets, let's call it BackServlet. There the processing of parameters will be
done. This
works fine. Now I want to have a FullRequestLog. Therefore I wrote a method
which is
parsing the parameter list and echos all to log(). If I do this in the
FrontServlet at a post
request before forwarding the request the log shows all params well. But if I
want to do
this in the BackServlet again, there are no parameters. This only happens if I
touch the
request parameters in the forwarding servlet and if I'm using post. In case of
get all goes
well. On the jswdk-1.0.1 this works without probems.

Any experience or suggestions ?

Thomas

Re: Problem with POST-Reqs via RequestDispatcher.forward()

Posted by Alex Cruikshank <al...@epitonic.com>.
This was a bug that was fixed in the 3.1 server.  I highly recommend
grabbing the latest copy of it.

Alex Cruikshank