Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de> on 2016/07/13 22:14:31 UTC

Fix for SVN 1.7 with sqlite >= 3.12.0 and VS 2005+

Hi,

this is merely for the record, in case someone else runs into the issue
and is looking here for a solution.

Note that SVN 1.7 is EOL and therefore isn't supported anymore. SVN
versions >= 1.8 don't suffer the problem.

The issue only applies under the following conditions:

- SVN 1.7
- SQLite 3.12.0+ (amalgamation)
- Visual Studio 2005+

In this case compiling libsvn_subr will trigger the following error:
[...]sqlite\sqlite3.c(42437): error C4013: 'rand_s' undefined; assuming
extern returning int
[[...]\1.7.22\build\win32\vcnet-vcproj\libsvn_subr.vcxproj]

The attached patch resolves the compile error (patch was suggested by
rhuijben).

Full details: http://www.luke1410.de:8090/browse/MAXSVN-55

Regards,
Stefan

Re: Fix for SVN 1.7 with sqlite >= 3.12.0 and VS 2005+

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.
On 18/07/2016 00:08, Stefan wrote:
> On 7/17/2016 22:09, Branko Čibej wrote:
>> On 17.07.2016 20:53, Stefan wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,

>>> sounds like a reasonable suggestion. I take it I have your +1 to create
>>> a backport branch incorporating the patch for the issue, so it can be
>>> referenced in the STATUS file?
>> You don't need a +1 for that ... just do it, IMO.
>>
>> -- Brane
> Backport branch created as: 1.7.x-sqlite-3.12 and nominated/referenced
> in 1.7's STATUS file in r1753132
>
> Regards,
> Stefan

FTR: As of SQLite 3.21.0 SQLite no longer uses rand_s(). Therefore the
patch is no longer required to build with SQLite 3.21.0+.

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.
Hi Daniel,