Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Uccello <fr...@phantomfiber.com> on 2008/09/30 18:17:16 UTC

redirector

Tomcat redirector for iss not working

I can http://localhost:8080/app/servlet but not
http://localhost/app/servlet --  error page could not be found

I have no errors in the event viewer or tomcat logs

Thanks

Frank

Re: redirector

Posted by Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com>.
Frank Uccello wrote:
> Tomcat redirector for iss not working
>
> I can http://localhost:8080/app/servlet but not
> http://localhost/app/servlet --  error page could not be found
>
> I have no errors in the event viewer or tomcat logs

Is /app included in the uriworkermap.properties.
Also in the redirector directory, there should be a logs sub directory.
Anything written there?
Also with version IIS and Windows?

--
Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement for Cloud Computing
http://www.ngasi.com
NEW! FREE Developer account for Hosted version on Amazon EC2

Re: redirector

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Frank Uccello wrote:
> Tomcat redirector for iss not working
That is quite unlikely, because there must be at least 10,000
installations out there where it is working.

> I can http://localhost:8080/app/servlet but not
> http://localhost/app/servlet --  error page could not be found

So, the problem is probably (certainly ?) with your installation or your
configuration.  I am not saying this to nag you, it's just logical from
your description above.

> I have no errors in the event viewer
I am no expert on the IIS/AJP redirector setup, but which errors did you
expect to see there ?
Does the documentation of the IIS/AJP redirector mention anything about
a separate logfile for the redirector, that you can set up somewhere ?

or tomcat logs

That would be normal, if IIS is not redirecting these links to Tomcat,
Tomcat would never see these request, so it would not log anything about
them.

A good point to start :
In the Tomcat server.xml file, there is a <Connector> tag that
corresponds to the port to which the IIS/AJP redirector is supposed to
talk to (and probably it says port="8009").
In Windows, there exists a netstat program that shows all the open and
listening ports on your system.
If in a command window, you enter "netstat -an", in the output do you
see any mention of the port number that is indicated in the <Connector>
tag of Tomcat ?

If there is, then the next step would be to verify, in the configuration
of the IIS/AJP redirector, if the port to which it talks to Tomcat
corresponds, and if the host to which it talks to Tomcat is "localhost"
or "127.0.0.1".
I'm sorry if I can not be more specific, but I don't have an IIS running
here.  I do have an Apache+Tomcat running under Windows though.