Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tobia Conforto <to...@linux.it> on 2007/09/05 13:38:43 UTC

mod_gzip -like functionality?

Dear all,

While trying to optimize execution and load time for a Cocoon web
application, I noticed that AJAX forms require a 173K dojo.js file.
This file is only transferred once per session or less, and then cached,
but I'd like to optimize the first load time among other things.

Therefore I would like to serve a compressed version of this file to
browsers that support content compression, much like mod_gzip does.

Can I enable such a feature in Cocoon?

Ad hoc, manual solutions (such as pre-compression) are welcome too, as
I will only do this for a few select static files (like dojo.js)

Is my only (or best) option to do this on the front-end Apache server
that I'm already using?

TIA
Tobia