Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2010/07/08 02:56:11 UTC

discussion Agreements, ERP and/or MRP

Many companies have agreements about when orders will be place and when
shipping will happen, before any order is placed.
Ofbiz advertises it is MRP software, yet all I have been able to see is
Just-in-time-MRP.
Without the Data Model on page 146 vol I, rea,l efficient  MRP can not
happen.
For those that argue the current model works, do an evaluation of the
amount of passes it takes to marshal the data, compared to the Data
Model I refer to.

I have a customer that has a big contract to manufacture concrete parts
for a project two years off. Yet they need to know  ERP to build the
manufacture plant to accommodate the orders that will be coming in.

I have another customer that to get good deals and deliver from
suppliers has yearly contracts. This feeds back to the Budget Scenarios
as to what type of  cash flow against order flow they must have to make
these agreement worthwhile. Again no ordered have been placed.

Now I am not proposing that the complete Data model be filled in with
data, only the models structure be, as in the data model books, adhered to.

BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man