Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Liang Cui <Li...@symphonysv.com> on 2010/04/09 09:35:45 UTC

how to extract info from an zipped reponse in jmeter

Hi,

I am new to jmeter, actually I have just downloaded it several hrs ago, and I've got some problem while using it. Hopefully, someone can help with it.

Here is the problem I am having. In the web project I am testing, the login request will get a response with a zipped file. In the zipped file, there's some token I need to extract and use it for later requests. I understand I can write some java code and integrate it with jmeter to make this happen. However, I need time to learn about jmeter and how to integrate java code with it and I do not have much time for it.

Is there any fast ways to do this? Thanks in advance!

BR
Darren Cui

"This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential, proprietary,privileged information of Symphony Services Corp (India) Pvt. Ltd.
 And are intended solely for the use of the recipient/s to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized notifying, copying or distributing of this e-mail,
 directly  or indirectly, and the contents therein in full or part is prohibited by any entity who is not a recipient. Any email received inadvertently or
 by mistake  should be deleted by the entity who is not a recipient thereof. You may be pleased to notify the sender immediately by email and the
 email should be deleted from your system".

RE: how to extract info from an zipped reponse in jmeter

Posted by Liang Cui <Li...@symphonysv.com>.
Thanks for the help!

The response is handled by a flex app in browser. However, I found that the server supports plain text response and I just need to modify the request header a bit.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.