Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org> on 2002/07/21 01:43:44 UTC

servlet.jar

I need to add a dependency on servlet.jar so I want to add it to CVS to
make the build simple. Unfortunately, I've never been clear on the license
of this jar. I know Tomcat distributes it, but does anyone know if it is
kosher to include this in CVS? Does Tomcat include it in CVS, I don't see
it in the source distribution?

Kimbro Staken
Java and XML Software, Consulting and Writing http://www.xmldatabases.org/
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org/xindice
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org

Re: servlet.jar

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Kimbro Staken wrote:

> I need to add a dependency on servlet.jar so I want to add it to CVS to
> make the build simple. Unfortunately, I've never been clear on the
> license of this jar. I know Tomcat distributes it, but does anyone know
> if it is kosher to include this in CVS? Does Tomcat include it in CVS, I
> don't see it in the source distribution?

Cocoon does:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/lib/optional/servlet_2_2.jar
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/legal/LICENSE.servlet?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

</Steven>

Re: servlet.jar

Posted by Michael Westbay <we...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Staken-san wrote:

> I need to add a dependency on servlet.jar so I want to add it to CVS to
> make the build simple. Unfortunately, I've never been clear on the license
> of this jar. I know Tomcat distributes it, but does anyone know if it is
> kosher to include this in CVS? Does Tomcat include it in CVS, I don't see
> it in the source distribution?

I believe that the Tomcat source code builds it.

--
Michael Westbay
Work: Beacon-IT http://www.beacon-it.co.jp/