Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Song <da...@myeii.com> on 2004/06/19 01:58:06 UTC

Good resources on different SOAP encoding styles

I was asked in a recent interview about the real (subtle) differences
between the different SOAP encoding styles (RPC/literal,
Document/literal, wrapped) and I could not answer it because I truly do
not understand what exactly (not syntax) the real difference between RPC
style and Document style.

Can anyone out there point me to some good resources or care to briefly
and exactly explain the real differences?

Thanks for your help!
David

RE: Good resources on different SOAP encoding styles

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Here's an explanation of WRAPPED from my blog:
http://www.burtongroup.com/weblogs/annethomasmanes/archives/2004/04/000187.h
tml

Also check this answer from my SearchWebServices Ask The Expert site:
http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/ateQuestionNResponse/0,289625,sid26_
cid494324_tax289201,00.html

Anne

  _____

If u go back in this mailing list or mai archive , Anne has provided some
excellent explanations .. please go thru it

Dhanush
I was asked in a recent interview about the real (subtle) differences
between the different SOAP encoding styles (RPC/literal,
Document/literal, wrapped) and I could not answer it because I truly do
not understand what exactly (not syntax) the real difference between RPC
style and Document style.

Can anyone out there point me to some good resources or care to briefly
and exactly explain the real differences?

Thanks for your help!
David

Disclaimer:

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

Re: Good resources on different SOAP encoding styles

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
David ..