Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/11 21:58:03 UTC

Documentation Topics

Hi All,

its great to see Cayenne progressing well to the 1.2 Final release.

There are two topics or items I would like to see added/modified the
Cayenne documentation.

1. Discussion on Web DataContext design patterns.

My experience is that it is not well understood that with the
DataContext is held in the session any changes to objects which aren't
committed in a request will be carried through in the session and will
be committed in a subsequent request commitChanges().

Outlining alternative patterns such as a default rollback in a custom
DataContext Filter would be very useful. This is the pattern I use,
after discussions on this list, and its extremely useful.

2. Many to Many / Flatterned Relationships

I think this topic needs some additional discussion or example steps on
how to create these relationships. Its not immediately obvious for a newbie.

I think these updates will be quite helpful as Cayenne soon goes out to
a wider audience of new users.

I can provide some of this content if requested.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Documentation Topics

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Would be a nice feature to have. Though we were moving Confluence to
Apache (and even signed up to help with testing of Confluence at
ASF... I wonder how that goes?). So I guess we'll have to hold any
upgrades on OS end until this is resolved.

Andrus

RE: Documentation Topics

Re: Documentation Topics

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.