Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Shubham <sr...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/19 22:24:23 UTC

Support on Avatica driver for Reactive JDBC (R2DBC)

Hi Apache Team,

We have adopted Druid in our organisation for OLAP in our Data Engineering
landscape.

We are trying to query Druid through Avatica client for jdbc which is the
popular way of querying Druid.

We are looking for support for Reactive stack using R2DBC.

Wanted know if the avatica driver will accept R2DBC or not when connecting
to Druid?

Best Regards
Shubham

Re: Support on Avatica driver for Reactive JDBC (R2DBC)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
Avatica does not currently support R2DBC.

I was not previously aware of R2DBC but it looks like a useful extension to JDBC for streaming apps. (When I was at SQLstream, we had to make similar extensions, e.g. providing a callback method that would be executed each time a record was available in a ResultSet. I am glad that this is becoming standardized.)

It would be great if someone implemented the R2DBC interface on Avatica’s JDBC driver, so that servers such as Druid could use it out of the box.

Julian