Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepa Jayapal <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/24 11:44:32 UTC

Mobile app testing - proxy method

Hi,

I need to test a native mobile app in Android using Jmeter. I am using
HTTP(s) test script recorder. I have done the below steps but Jmeter is not
recording any traffic from my Android app. Please help.

*Tool Configuration*:

On Mac, OSX Yosemite, I have -
Jmeter version - 2.13
java version "1.8.0_51"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.51-b03, mixed mode)

*Steps*:

1.       Added *Thread group*, within this – HTTP Req Defaults (Server name
– enter “jmeter.apache.org”) and Recording controller

2.       Within *work bench*, add – *HTTP(S) Test Script recorder* (port -
8090, click the “Add” button in “URL Patterns to Include”. This will create
a blank entry; enter “.*\.html”.) and listener: Add -> Listener -> View
Results Tree

3. In my android mobile, installed jmeter cert which was created in bin
folder after clicking Start on https test script recorder page.

4. Using Wifi, Edited wifi settings to - proxy-manual, gave my mac ip
address as proxy hostname, port - 8090.

Thanks,

Deepa

Re: Mobile app testing - proxy method

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepa,
I have not tried on mac, but I have tried on window, & I am able to record
the trafic for native apps.But it was http.
If your native app support https, change the TLSv to 3 or 1.1 or 1.2 & try
this.
If it does not work create an account on blaze meter and you will be able
to capture traffic.
Then export the file in .jmx format & put load using Jmeter.

Regards,
Pravesh.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Lance Ingram <la...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Deepa
>
> You will not able to record on a Mobile Native App, JMETER is unable to do
> so.
>
> However if you are interacting with a Mobile Site you can do record on the
> site, and you can then simulate mobile data speeds to based when
> re-executing the scripts
>
> following URL
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/Controlling%20Bandwidth%20in%20JMeter%20to%20simulate%20different%20networks
>

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Deepa Jayapal <de...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to test a native mobile app in Android using Jmeter. I am using
> > HTTP(s) test script recorder. I have done the below steps but Jmeter is
> not
> > recording any traffic from my Android app. Please help.
> >
> > *Tool Configuration*:
> >
> > On Mac, OSX Yosemite, I have -
> > Jmeter version - 2.13
> > java version "1.8.0_51"
> > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_51-b16)
> > Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.51-b03, mixed mode)
> >
> > *Steps*:
> >
> > 1.       Added *Thread group*, within this – HTTP Req Defaults (Server
> name
> > – enter “jmeter.apache.org”) and Recording controller
> >
> > 2.       Within *work bench*, add – *HTTP(S) Test Script recorder* (port
> -
> > 8090, click the “Add” button in “URL Patterns to Include”. This will
> create
> > a blank entry; enter “.*\.html”.) and listener: Add -> Listener -> View
> > Results Tree
> >
> > 3. In my android mobile, installed jmeter cert which was created in bin
> > folder after clicking Start on https test script recorder page.
> >
> > 4. Using Wifi, Edited wifi settings to - proxy-manual, gave my mac ip
> > address as proxy hostname, port - 8090.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Deepa

Pravesh prajapati.