Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@apache.org> on 2002/11/09 13:49:45 UTC

skin changing

I did a "Forrest seed" and then ran Forrest.
Because I would like to implement my own skin and build my personal site
with Forrest (what else :-)) I checked out how I could use a different skin.
Changing the properties in the forrest.properties file (uncommenting
project.skin=avalon-tigris line) made no difference.
I had to erase the site directory to see the new skin being used.  I guess
this is a cache problem.

If somebody can confirm this I'll adjust the docs.

Bert

Re: skin changing

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:49:45PM +0100, Bert Van Kets wrote:
> I did a "Forrest seed" and then ran Forrest.
> Because I would like to implement my own skin and build my personal site
> with Forrest (what else :-)) I checked out how I could use a different skin.
> Changing the properties in the forrest.properties file (uncommenting
> project.skin=avalon-tigris line) made no difference.
> I had to erase the site directory to see the new skin being used.  I guess
> this is a cache problem.

I think Nicola did that, to meet someone's use-case.. I think it was so
people could add non-Forrest stuff in build/site (eg .htdocs files) and
not have it wiped by Forrest.  I'm sure the current system can be
refined.

> If somebody can confirm this I'll adjust the docs.

Thanks.. (not sure which ones)

--Jeff