Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Scott Sanders <ss...@nextance.com> on 2002/11/12 19:30:18 UTC

RE: [VOTE] What new Gump CVS, what access rights, what mailing list?(was Re: Gump changes)

> Please vote on these items (add items if necessary):
>
> _CVS module_
>
> []   Gump has it's own CVS module open to committers@apache

Is this jakarta-gump, or just gump?  Is this a proposal for Gump to be a
TLP?

> []   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons CVS module
> []   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons-Sandbox CVS module

  [] Gump lands in Apache Commons, being common to all of Apache
  [] Gump lands in the incubator, to gain more developers

I personally think that Gump having its own cvs module that is open to
all apache committers, at least for the descriptors, is a very good
thing.

> _Mailing list(s)_
>
> []   Gump has its own one mailing list gump-dev
> []   Gump is just one of the many projects in Jakarta Commons ML

Depends on where Gump lands.

Scott

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Scott Sanders wrote:
>>Please vote on these items (add items if necessary):
>>
>>_CVS module_
>>
>>[]   Gump has it's own CVS module open to committers@apache

+1

> Is this jakarta-gump, or just gump?  Is this a proposal for Gump to be a
> TLP?
>

>>[]   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons CVS module
>>[]   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons-Sandbox CVS module
>

>   [] Gump lands in Apache Commons, being common to all of Apache
>   [] Gump lands in the incubator, to gain more developers

Wouldn't Gump be out of scope for all these locations? It is not really
a reusable library or component which is the defined scope of the
apache-commons and jakarta-commons projects. Same goes for Jakarta. So,
I think it needs to be a top level project :-). Incubator may be
appropriate, I'm not sure.

Conor

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 05:30, Scott Sanders wrote:
> > Please vote on these items (add items if necessary):
> >
> > _CVS module_
> >
> > []   Gump has it's own CVS module open to committers@apache
>
> Is this jakarta-gump, or just gump?  Is this a proposal for Gump to be a
> TLP?

+1 for jakarta-gump

> > []   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons CVS module
> > []   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons-Sandbox CVS module
>
>   [] Gump lands in Apache Commons, being common to all of Apache

+1

>   [] Gump lands in the incubator, to gain more developers

-1

Presumably gump developers don't need to be taught Apaches ropes (which is
most of the reason for incubator).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
'Most men would rather die than think. Many do.'
                             Bertrand Russell