Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by wiki <wa...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/07 17:45:01 UTC

how to save CheckBoxMultipleChoice values into database

Hi I have a class of MultipleChoiceSingleSelectquestion which has one to many
relationship with Answers in Hibernate
here is the code to display questions with list of answers
public class ViewQuestions extends AuthenticatedWebPage {
    private static final int ITEM_PER_PATE = 1;

    /**
     * Creates a new instance of ViewBooks
     */
    public ViewQuestions(Questionaire qaire) {
        Border border = new QuestionaireBorder("questionBorder");
        add(border);
        final QuestionsDataProvider dataProvider = new
QuestionsDataProvider(qaire);
        DataView questionView = new QuestionDataView("questions",
dataProvider);
        questionView.setItemsPerPage(ITEM_PER_PATE);
        border.add(questionView);

        border.add(new CustomPagingNavigator("navigator", questionView));
    }

    class QuestionDataView extends DataView {
        public QuestionDataView(String id, IDataProvider dataProvider) {
            super(id, dataProvider);
        }

        protected void populateItem(Item item) {
            MCSSQuestion question = (MCSSQuestion) item.getModelObject();

            item.setModel(new CompoundPropertyModel(question));
            item.add(new Label("mcssquestionid"));
            item.add(new Label("questiontext"));
            item.add(new Label("questionaire.Title"));

            List<MCSSAns> a=question.getMcssans();
            ChoiceRenderer renderer= new ChoiceRenderer("ansbody");

            Form form=new Form("form");

            form.add(new CheckBoxMultipleChoice("mcssans",new
PropertyModel(question,"mcssans"),a,renderer));

            item.add(form);

        }

        @Override

        protected Item newItem(final String id, int index, final IModel
model) {
            return new OddEvenItem(id, index, model);
        }

    }

The problem is How to select an answer from lists of answer and save it to
the database class.I have a class Selected answer in database but don't know
how wicket will save to the database.I went through wicket stuff examples
but I couldn't find List with one to Many relationship