Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Jeremy Payne <jp...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/08 18:14:40 UTC

CARP Status

What is the current status of adding the CARP plugin as an 'official'
ATS plugin ? Or at least
classified as an 'experimental' plugin ?
Or has CARP been scrapped as the community trends towards upfront
content routing combined with edge-to-parent consistent hashing ?

Jeremy

Re: CARP Status

Posted by Aaron Canary <ac...@oath.com>.
That's correct. There is still a bit of proprietary code and ugly code that
we can't open source. It would take me a few weeks to publish an open
source CARP.

And yes we will be moving to Layer 7 Routing asap, so if I were to publish
a CARP plugin, you wouldn't see much support for it.

In theory, the current state of ParentSelection has self-detection and
could be set up select peers (aka CARP). I'm interested in testing this as
well. But we would wait for a few more optimation features before switching
production.

--
Aaron Canary
ATS - Senior Software Engineer