Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1998/01/12 02:55:44 UTC

Re: New commit rules

I have started a general rewrite of the Apache Project voting rules
and guidelines, available at

    http://dev.apache.org/guidelines.html

I focused on the general outline, definitions, and voting process.
It still needs completion of the list of action items types (the stuff we
put in STATUS) and what is required to approve each one, rewrite of
the commit policy as the steps needed to make a change, removal
of the rest of the old patch voting stuff, and probably other stuff
that I have forgotten.

It'll probably be a few days before I can get back to it, so go ahead
and make additions/changes if you can think of any.

....Roy

Re: New commit rules

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
At 01:29 AM 1/25/98 -0800, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>I have updated the project guidelines to what I believe is the final
>consensus.  Please make changes where necessary or propose additions.
>After a few days, we can vote on the final version and make it official.
>
>   http://dev.apache.org/guidelines.html

Excellent, excellent, excellent document.  Nothing comes to mind
immediately regarding changes.  It seemed to incorporate all the comments
made by folks here in a cohesive way.  Thank you for taking the time to do
this.

	Brian

specialization is for insects				  brian@organic.com