Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Angus Lees <gu...@switchonline.com.au> on 2000/10/20 02:54:29 UTC

FYI: 1.3b6 debian packages

i've just adopted libhtml-embperl-perl and uploaded 1.3b6
packages. they'll take a while (maybe a few days) to filter through
into the actual archives.

in the meantime, they're available from:

stable (i386) .deb:
 http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gusl/embperl/stable/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3b6-1_i386.deb

unstable (i386) .deb:
 http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gusl/embperl/unstable/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3b6-1_i386.deb

i'll try and always make a .deb for stable available from
somewhere. i'll make the next version apt-get'able too.

are people actually going to be using this?

do they want me to send an announce to this list every time i update
it? (probably not)

(private replies please)

alpha (stable) people will have to compile from source. if you can't
get that to work, i can probably find an alpha somewhere - let me
know. the package in unstable will be automatically compiled for
all debian architectures.

source:
 http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gusl/embperl/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3b6-1.dsc
 http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gusl/embperl/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3b6.orig.tar.gz
 http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gusl/embperl/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3b6-1.diff.gz

to build from source:
 download all three files
  dpkg-source -x libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3b6-1.dsc
  cd libhtml-embperl-perl-1.3b6
 as root, or using fakeroot:
  (fakeroot|sudo|something) debian/rules binary
 package is in ..

--
 - Gus

Re: 1.3b6 debian packages

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> i've just adopted libhtml-embperl-perl and uploaded 1.3b6
> packages.

Great! Thanks

> in the meantime, they're available from:
>
> stable (i386) .deb:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gusl/embperl/stable/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3b6-1
_i386.deb

> unstable (i386) .deb:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gusl/embperl/unstable/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3b6
-1_i386.deb

Would it make sense that I add a link to the Embperl Website, if yes which
URL ?

> do they want me to send an announce to this list every time i update
> it? (probably not)

For me it makes sense that you send an announce to the embperl list, if you
have made a new Embperl debian package. Should I CC you announces of new
Embperl versions ?

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gusl/embperl/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3b6-1.diff.g

I think it would be possible to integrate these changes into the source of
Embperl, so you don't have to adapt it every time. Would this make sense to
you?

Thanks

Gerald

Re: FYI: 1.3b6 debian packages

Posted by Volker Hess <Vo...@avmz.uni-siegen.de>.
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Angus Lees wrote:

> i've just adopted libhtml-embperl-perl and uploaded 1.3b6
> packages. they'll take a while (maybe a few days) to filter through
> into the actual archives.

Thanx a lot! But I ran into some problems after replacing

     - potato (woody mix) and selfcompiled HTML::Embperl 1.3b5
       (apache 1.3.12-1, libapache-mod-perl 1.24-1)

with

     - woody
       (apache 1.3.12-2.1, libapache-mod-perl 1.24-1, libhtml-embperl-perl
       1.3b6-1)

I can't connect postgresql databases via DBI with libhtml-embperl:

[486]ERR: 32: Line 3: Warning in Perl
code: DBI->connect(dbname=oh) failed: connectDBStart() --
connect() failed: Connection refused
     Is the postmaster running at 'localhost'
     and accepting connections on Unix socket '5432'?
     at /home/online-h/webroot/htdocs/index.epl line 9

On the other hand simple Apache::Register-cgis do their job.

Where shall I look for problems?!

Volker

--
         Uni Siegen . Medienzentrum  **  Volker.Hess@avmz.uni-siegen.de
          phone: +49(0)271/740 2282  **  fax: +49(0)271/740 2526