Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Chris Martin <ch...@outlook.com> on 2015/06/04 19:09:01 UTC

Generating asdoc html files

Hey everyone,

I wanted to test out some documentation changes i’m making.  I wanna see how they'd ultimately look in the generated asdoc html files.  For some reason the only thing generated in the asdoc-output folder is the include_examples folder.  Nothing else is generated.

I've build the sdk from the develop branch.  I then changed directories into the asdoc folder and ran ant from there.  I’m running windows 8.1.

Am I missing a step, or going about this the wrong way?

Thanks,

Chris

Sent from Surface

Re: Generating asdoc html files

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 6/4/15, 10:09 AM, "Chris Martin" <ch...@outlook.com> wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>

>I wanted to test out some documentation changes i’m making.  I wanna see
>how they'd ultimately look in the generated asdoc html files.  For some
>reason the only thing generated in the asdoc-output folder is the
>include_examples folder.  Nothing else is generated.
>

>I've build the sdk from the develop branch.  I then changed directories
>into the asdoc folder and ran ant from there.  I’m running windows 8.1.
>

>Am I missing a step, or going about this the wrong way?

I just tried it.  It copied a bunch of examples, then spent about 4
minutes just cranking away with no console output.  Then asdoc-output was
full of tons of files.

IIRC, if there is badly formatted comments, the compiler might just crash
and you’ll get what you are seeing.

-Alex