Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2016/11/08 17:30:47 UTC

Message from the ASF Board or Directors about recent Cassandra discussions

Dear Cassandra PMC and community,

The Board of Directors of the ASF apologizes for contributing to the
sometimes heated nature of discussions in the last few days on this
list.

We have reminded board members to remain civil in such discussions,
whatever the context and history.

As published in the reports that the Cassandra PMC regularly makes to
the Board [0] there have been concerns earlier this year about the
project not being sufficiently independent, which is a very strong
requirement for Apache projects.

We are aware that progress is being made and are hopeful that good
progress will be continued.

As for the Cassandra community, the Board is looking forward to a
continued healthy Cassandra project and feels that the project is on a
good track to recover from this somewhat difficult period.

We wish Cassandra a bright future and are proud to have such a
successful project at the ASF!

-- Bertrand Delacretaz, for the ASF Board of Directors.

[0] https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Cassandra.html

Re: Message from the ASF Board or Directors about recent Cassandra discussions

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.
Bertrand,
Thank you very much for reaching out.

I put the following in the upcoming board report, but I'll repeat it
here because I think it sums things up:

"If nothing else, it's clear we all care very deeply about having
successful open source software projects."

To that end, let's all move forward. There is a lot to do, but it's
clear to me that we have the talent, resources, community and
organizational support to succeed.

Sincerest thanks,
-Nate