Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl> on 2017/09/03 21:04:48 UTC

[SS] Writing a test for a possible bug in StateStoreSaveExec with Append output mode?

Hi,

I may have found a bug in StateStoreSaveExec with Append output mode
and would love proving myself I'm wrong or help squashing it by
writing a test for the case.

Is there a test for StateStoreSaveExec with Append output mode? If
not, is there a streaming test template that could be very close to a
test and that I could use?

Thanks for any help you may offer!

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://about.me/JacekLaskowski
Spark Structured Streaming (Apache Spark 2.2+)
https://bit.ly/spark-structured-streaming
Mastering Apache Spark 2 https://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark

Re: [SS] Writing a test for a possible bug in StateStoreSaveExec with Append output mode?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi,

I think I know where the issue surfaces. This is with groupBy
aggregation with Append output mode.

What should happen when a state expires for a event time (in groupBy)
with the new rows for the expired key in a streaming batch exactly
when watermark has been moved up and thus expired the state for the
key?

Example's coming up.

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski