Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by ma...@att.net on 2001/01/26 20:23:10 UTC

Re: Adding output

Greetings!

  I am trying to put together a helper utility that will
parse a build.xml file and display the following things
to the user:

 1.) Complete classpath necessary for the build
 2.) A list of all .java, .jar, .zip, etc. files that
are used in the build.
 3.) A listing of all of the classes that will be built.

Can anyone give me a push in the right direction here? I
am really enthusiastic about this, but I am  having a
tough time getting the source straight. Is there already
an API I can tap into to do this? I do not want to build
anything with this utility, just output the above
listing.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Anthony Levensalor

Re: Adding output

Posted by David Corbin <dc...@machturtle.com>.
I think that would be a great feature to integrate into ant, with a
command line switch...

madscie@att.net wrote:

> Greetings!
>
>   I am trying to put together a helper utility that will
> parse a build.xml file and display the following things
> to the user:
>
>  1.) Complete classpath necessary for the build
>  2.) A list of all .java, .jar, .zip, etc. files that
> are used in the build.
>  3.) A listing of all of the classes that will be built.
>
> Can anyone give me a push in the right direction here? I
> am really enthusiastic about this, but I am  having a
> tough time getting the source straight. Is there already
> an API I can tap into to do this? I do not want to build
> anything with this utility, just output the above
> listing.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony Levensalor