Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/18 22:53:06 UTC

Re: Nodes not rebalancing evenly

Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
receives email notifications? Here is the instruction:

kberthelot wrote
> I've created a partitioned cache with the following configuration:
>
> cacheConfiguration.setCacheMode(CacheMode.PARTITIONED);
> cacheConfiguration.setName(CACHE_NAME);
> cacheConfiguration.setRebalanceMode(CacheRebalanceMode.SYNC);
>
> When I bring up a new node some of the keys get "rebalanced" to the new
> node, but the nodes do not end up balanced evenly (the new node often ends
> up with only one or very few entries). Should the default behavior be that
> the entries are evenly sharded across all nodes, or is there a setting
> that forces this behavior? I would expect all the nodes to have close to
> the same number of entries after rebalancing.

You expectations about default behavior is correct. What do you use as cache
keys? How do you monitor data distribution across nodes? How many nodes and
how many entries in total do you have?

-Val