Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Celso Fontes <ce...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/15 20:20:58 UTC

What is the best Analyzer and Parser for this type of question?

I am using this code, with SnowBall and TopDocScore
the code: http://pastebin.com/3X3gbpXE

Example of Question:
- What is the role of PrnP in mad cow disease?

I am running in 11.638 documents and the result is 10410 docs for this
question (lowwwwww precision)
How optimize this?

Thanks,
Celso.

Re: What is the best Analyzer and Parser for this type of question?

Posted by Celso Fontes <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,

My queries going from a list of Genomic TREC 2006...

What the operator you recommend to me?

Thanks,
Celso

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
First, to understand what your query looks like, go to
admin/analysis.jsp. It lets you see what happens to your queries when
they go in. Then, do the query with debugQuery=true. This will add some
complex junk to the end of the XML page that describes in painful detail
exactly how each document was scored.

After all that- you might have a problem with the PrnP etc. stuff
getting chopped up in weird ways. I don't know how people handle this in
chemistry/bio search.

Lance

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.