Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michal Palička <Mi...@cleverlance.com> on 2007/03/08 22:11:30 UTC

Local modules

Hello all,

is there a way to specify a module as "local", so that the module could not be deployed
to shared repository? The module should be able to install to my local repository though.

Perhaps I should describe our use case:

In our project, we use a separate module that contains configuration files for the whole application.
The configuration files are stored in a version control system and they are modified during the build
process using profiles and settings.xml.

Each member of the team can build a specific variant of the web application,
that contains the desired configuration (development, test, production, etc).

The problem is, that the "configuration module" should not be deployed to the shared
repository, because it would then break configurations of other team members.

We need some way to include the "configuration module" to the final application (war),
but at the same time the "configuration artifact" must be disallowed to "deploy"
(it must remain local).

----

Does Maven support the described use-case?
Is there any "official" method for solving such scenario?

Thank you in advance
Michal Palicka