Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by schneidc <si...@gmx.de> on 2010/04/14 14:48:55 UTC

[Trinidad] PPR issue with Firefox when returning from Dialog

Hi,

what I tried to achieve is, that when when closing a Trinidad dialog certain
areas of the origin page get refreshed. For testing my pages I use Firefox
and Chrome and in Chrome the PPR is working, in Firefox it isn't.
Even when removing the partialSubmit from the button which triggers the
dialog, so there isn't any more ajax and the page get's a full reload, the
changes aren't visible and I still have to make a manual reload.

Has anybody else encountered a problem with dialogs in Firefox and a hint on
how to solve this issue?

Simon

P.S. Tested with Trinidad 1.2.12/13

Re: [Trinidad] PPR issue with Firefox when returning from Dialog

Posted by Cédric Durmont <cd...@gmail.com>.
I have no idea why it worked with Chrome. I think somehow it triggered
a full page reload, but how ?
Anyway, as long as it's working, it's not a big issue, is it ?

Regards,
Cedric

Posted by Cédric Durmont <cd...@gmail.com>.
I don't think I have issues with Firefox and dialogs in my apps.
- Do you have an id on the button that starts the dialog, and a
"partialTrigger" attribute on the component you want to refresh ?
- Do that button have a returnListener ? I think the button doesn't
get refreshed on dialog close if no returnListener is set (and so
partialTriggers are not triggered)
- Do you have an error in the console about a partial trigger not found ?
- Do you have "rendered" attributes which should be updated on dialog close ?

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Cedric