Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Saud Al-Jaloud <sz...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on 2013/09/02 19:55:07 UTC

Jena-text loading and IR features

Hi,

Does Jena-Text support scores, similarity and distance searches as the old Larq? It seems not working as Larq syntax.

I know that it does support: exact word match, exact phrase, wildcards, AND and OR operators, Did I miss any other features?

Another question, Is this the right way to add multiple properties to be searched using java api?
eDef.set("bio", Node.createURI(nameSpace + "bio"));
eDef.set("fullName", Node.createURI(nameSpace + "fullName"));
eDef.set("firstName", Node.createURI(nameSpace + "firstName"));

Thanks,
Saud.

Re: Jena-text loading and IR features

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 02/09/13 18:55, Saud Al-Jaloud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does Jena-Text support scores, similarity and distance searches as the old Larq? It seems not working as Larq syntax.
>
> I know that it does support: exact word match, exact phrase, wildcards, AND and OR operators, Did I miss any other features?

The idea is to abstract away from Lucene / Solr.

jena-text does not support score in the query, nor does it return the
score.  Solr handles scores differently to Lucene.   I don;'t know if it
can be made to be the same at the external Jena API / property function
level.

It would be great if it can and a someone submits a patch.

> Another question, Is this the right way to add multiple properties to be searched using java api?
> eDef.set("bio", Node.createURI(nameSpace + "bio"));
> eDef.set("fullName", Node.createURI(nameSpace + "fullName"));
> eDef.set("firstName", Node.createURI(nameSpace + "firstName"));

If you want independently searchable properties, then yes.

If you want search over any of the properties, use the same string name
(= Lucene field) as the first parameter.

> Thanks,
> Saud.

	Andy