Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/02/27 16:28:19 UTC

Re: install from 4.1 branch fails

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 08:36:18PM +0530, Shane Witbeck wrote:
> Thanks Prasanna but unfortunately it looks like this is incomplete too:
>
> cloudstack@cs10:~$ sudo apt-get install cloud-client
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package cloud-client is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
>
> E: Package 'cloud-client' has no installation candidate

(moving to -dev list)

On 4.1, the packages are called cloudstack-management,
cloudstack-common. I think documentation is still being updated to
reflect the changes. Hugo (in Cc) merged the debian WIP packaging
today and will have a better idea on the status of the debian
packages.

--
Prasanna.,

Re: install from 4.1 branch fails

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 08:58:19PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 08:36:18PM +0530, Shane Witbeck wrote:
> > Thanks Prasanna but unfortunately it looks like this is incomplete too:
> >
> > cloudstack@cs10:~$ sudo apt-get install cloud-client
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Package cloud-client is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> > This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> > is only available from another source
> >
> > E: Package 'cloud-client' has no installation candidate
> >

> (moving to -dev list)
>
> On 4.1, the packages are called cloudstack-management,
> cloudstack-common. I think documentation is still being updated to
> reflect the changes. Hugo (in Cc) merged the debian WIP packaging
> today and will have a better idea on the status of the debian
> packages.

Actually
+ Noa, since he's a committer now and worked on most of the debian
packaging for 4.1 :)

--
Prasanna.,

Re: install from 4.1 branch fails

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 08:58:19PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 08:36:18PM +0530, Shane Witbeck wrote:
> > Thanks Prasanna but unfortunately it looks like this is incomplete too:
> >
> > cloudstack@cs10:~$ sudo apt-get install cloud-client
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Package cloud-client is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> > This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> > is only available from another source
> >
> > E: Package 'cloud-client' has no installation candidate
> >

> (moving to -dev list)
>
> On 4.1, the packages are called cloudstack-management,
> cloudstack-common. I think documentation is still being updated to
> reflect the changes. Hugo (in Cc) merged the debian WIP packaging
> today and will have a better idea on the status of the debian
> packages.
>
> --
> Prasanna.,

Commits to clean up DEB are happening in master right now.  They need to
be ported to 4.1.

Re: install from 4.1 branch fails

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.