Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/03/04 18:48:23 UTC

Re: Fuzzy membership of a term to the document

:    I want to change the Lucene's similarity in a way that I can add Fuzzy
: memberships to the terms of a document. Thus, TF value of a term in one
: document is not always 1, it can add 0.7 to the value of the TF ( (In my
: application, each term is contained in a document at most once). This
: membership value is available before index time.

At first glance, i would suspect that what you really wnat to look at is
using payloads, but i'm not certain, because you've been focused on your
presumed solution to the problem, without supplying any details on
what your end goal is...

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
XY Problem

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

-Hoss