Posted to xap-dev@incubator.apache.org by Bob Buffone <rb...@nexaweb.com> on 2007/03/01 06:12:16 UTC

RE: Strut2 Plugin

Chand,

Using XAP with Struts is a fairly straightforward process.  Being that
XAP renders the XAL/xModify markup on the client, you just need to
change the output of the action handlers to render XAL/xModify.  I took
the PersonManager sample that is include in the Struts distro and
modified it to work with XAP as well as started a XAP/Struts integration
page on the WIKI.

XAP Person Manager ZIP:
http://people.apache.org/~bbuffone/share/xap-struts-example.zip
Stuts Integration Wiki Page:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/xap/XAPStruts

I think that eventually we should create a plugin for struts to make XAP
integration easier with the validation framework that Stuts provides and
probably other things as well.

Let me know it these resources help, the wiki needs more updating but
should get you started down the right path.

Bob (Buffone)