Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Charles Anthony <ch...@hpdsoftware.com> on 2004/03/03 09:35:11 UTC

RE: Logging SQL for automatic index generation or performance Ana lysation ?

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but there is already a tool to do this, based
on the p6spy jdbc driver.
It's available under the Apache license too.

I believe the only thing it doesn't do is the analysis of the data to
suggest indices.

http://www.irongrid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32

I've only glanced at the tool, not used it.

Even if that tool is not what you want, it's probably better to extend the
p6spy driver  to do what you want - as it would be applicable across all
environments that use jdbc

Cheers,

Charles.

Sorry error to forward message !

Posted by Reda Benzair <re...@smartjog.com>.
Reda Benzair wrote:

> suite à une discution dans OJB forum
> il y un autil tres interessant Open Source pour la suppervission au
> niveau du JDBC
> interessant de voir ça si en peut l'integer chez nous
> http://www.irongrid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32
>

> Charles Anthony wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm not sure if you are aware, but there is already a tool to do
>> this, based
>> on the p6spy jdbc driver.
>> It's available under the Apache license too.
>>
>> I believe the only thing it doesn't do is the analysis of the data to
>> suggest indices.
>>
>> http://www.irongrid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32
>>
>> I've only glanced at the tool, not used it.
>>
>> Even if that tool is not what you want, it's probably better to
>> extend the
>> p6spy driver  to do what you want - as it would be applicable across all
>> environments that use jdbc
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Charles.

*Reda BENZAIR**
*Software Analyst

***
*Phone: +33 (0)1 4996 6324
Fax: +33 (0)1 4996 6405
Mobile: +33 (0)6 6240 6192
reda.benzair@smartjog.com <ma...@smartjog.com>

un outil interessant pour la supervission des statment JDBC

Posted by Reda Benzair <re...@smartjog.com>.

Charles Anthony wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm not sure if you are aware, but there is already a tool to do this, based
>on the p6spy jdbc driver.
>It's available under the Apache license too.
>
>I believe the only thing it doesn't do is the analysis of the data to
>suggest indices.
>
>http://www.irongrid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32
>
>I've only glanced at the tool, not used it.
>
>Even if that tool is not what you want, it's probably better to extend the
>p6spy driver  to do what you want - as it would be applicable across all
>environments that use jdbc
>
>Cheers,
>
>Charles.

*Reda BENZAIR**
*Software Analyst

***

Posted by Stefan Schlösser <ss...@intermediate.de>.
Hi Charles,

thanks for this, this tool is great - I already got 1 half of what I
need. Took me some 30 min. to integrate it in our application !

Thanks.

Stefan