Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/28 08:03:32 UTC

Regarding Issue MAHOUT-1941

Hello Saikat,

I have been talking to Trevor in relation to contributing to Apache Mahout
in terms of Algorithm development / improvements and he suggested that
currently you and Jim are working on Generalized Linear Model.

I was looking through the list of issues and found issue 1941 and was
wondering if there is an opportunity to contribute there. In general, I
would be grateful if you could guide me on how I can make myself useful to
Apache Mahout.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,
Aditya

Re: Regarding Issue MAHOUT-1941

Posted by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@hotmail.com>.
Aditya,

Please take a look at the plan in mahout-1929  specifically the list of next steps I identified to see which of those interests you and which you think you can finish in a managable period of time, for all GLM discussions lets keep all our discussions inside that JIRA.   I am also in the middle of researching ALS so feel free to take a look at the discussion with Dmitry to see whether you want to work on any of the areas identified in that thread (namely (1) double-weighed ALS
(2) bayesian optimization and crossvalidation in an n-dimensional
hyperparameter space
(3) feature extraction per (preferrably R-like) formula.) , if you have questions ping the list and I'll respond as my bandwidth frees up some more.

Thanks again for your help.

________________________________
Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hello Trevor,

I emailed you personally. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Aditya

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aditya,