Posted to community@apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2002/10/30 18:19:03 UTC

[VOTE] Openness

Please, allow me to restart the voting in order to make it easier to
reach some consensus since it's hard to interpret the results of the
previous one.

                                - o -

There are two different concerns for openness:

  - open to read

  - open to write

Let's try to keep them separate.

NOTE: there is no need to indicate the reasons for your votes, either
for negative ones.

Also, please, don't vote 0.5 or other numbers, let's keep it simple for
the final count.

                                - o -

VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
this mail list thru a web archive?

  [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private

                                - o -

VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
subscribe to this mail list?

  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

                                - o -

Please, place your vote even if you already voted in the previous poll.

We'll reset the clock and give 78 hours for the vote.

I volunteer to count the retults and post them here.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the double poll noise.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Thom May <th...@apache.org>.
* Stefano Mazzocchi (stefano@apache.org) wrote :

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [X]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

-Thom

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

I don't think it will be good to have ALL ASF projects users write on
such a common list, or we may see it like :

cat ***-user@*.apache.org >> community@apache.org ;)

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.

At 15:43 30.10.2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Roy,
>I had the same thought and was about to vote the way you did. Then I
>reconsidered because I believe (perhaps incorrectly) that we will NOT get
>a lot
>of subscribers that are not community members. The few non-community folks we
>get will hopefully be net contributors to the discussions.   We can always
>clamp
>down if it becomes necessary. Wishful thinking perhaps but there you go.

Nice but optimistic. If things go sour, you won't be able to change the
rules in mid-air.  You are likely to lack the wherewithal, the will or
both. Moreover, you can't  count on *everyone* to be decent and civilized
although the vast majority will be.

--
Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> writes:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> read this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>    [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>    [X]  0 don't know/don't care
>    [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> fully subscribe to this mail list?
>
>    [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>    [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>    [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only
>
> and invitees (contributors).
>
> While every list is its own community, this "community" is supposed to
> be a subset of a bigger community, and I think having it restricted to
> people involved in the community helps accomplish that.  If
> "committers"  is too narrow a set, then it can be opened up to
> something wider but still less than "anyone".  Restricting it after
> the fact seems like an ugly game.
>
> The point is you can't join the community by joining "community", you
> have to be part of the community to join "community".

My sentiments exactly.

+1

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: [VOTE] Openness

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by James Cox <ja...@imajes.info>.

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> read this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>    [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>    [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>    [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> fully subscribe to this mail list?
>
>    [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>    [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>    [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only
>
> and invitees (contributors).
>
> Though I hesitate to say so, I need to make this perfectly clear.
> I will unsubscribe from this list if non-contributors join.  I am
> not going to take time away from my life for people who haven't
> earned the right to be in this community.

Roy said it better than I could. can i revert my vote and go with him?

 -- james :)

Re: [VOTE] Openness

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by James Cox <im...@php.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@remulak.net>.

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [X] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

--
Elena Litani

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read this mail
list thru a web archive?

  [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
  [X] -1 no, let's keep it private

But I think it should be archived somewhere.

VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
subscribe to this mail list?

  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
  [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

Cheers

Jean-frederic

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [X]  0 don't know/don't care

- Sam Ruby

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>.
I agree with Stefan here. I think we need the transparency, but we want
to avoid the noise of too many people exposing their ideas. There are
better forums for them to express this. We need to keep this list
focused on what matters to us.

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>
http://webweavertech.com/ovidiu/weblog/

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 06:19:03PM +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?

  [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private

>                                - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?

  [X] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> fully subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

      ... and invited people

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by André Malo <nd...@apache.org>.
* Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [x]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [x] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only
           + invited...

nd
--
s  s^saaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa  a  alataa  aaoat  a  a
a maoaa a laoata  a  oia a o  a m a  o  alaoooat aaool aaoaa

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Costin Manolache <co...@apache.org>.
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                 - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [X] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

Costin

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Astrid Kessler <ke...@apache.org>.
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [x] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                 - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [x] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

and invited people

Kess

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
+1 to both.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

- Leo

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
Hey all,

--- Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:

[snip]

> non-committers to

> >...OR THOSE INVITED
> >

> Ditto.

Actually, specifying invitees as a qualification to
the -1 may not be necessary, if each invitee will need
to be voted in individually anyway.  Only if invitees
may be added without a vote do we need to resolve the
matter, and that's probably worthy of a specific
second vote if -1 proves the majority opinion.

Just pointing out that you probably needn't worry
about this detail.  IMO we should wait for the -1
result, and then determine the terms by which we will
add invitees.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons
http://axion.tigris.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/watchdog

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>>> [X]  0 don't know/don't care
>>> [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>>>

>>>VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
>>>fully subscribe to this mail list?
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>>> [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>>> [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only
>>>

>...OR THOSE INVITED

Ditto.

Vadim

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> fully subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by James Taylor <jt...@4lane.com>.
> > VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> > this mail list thru a web archive?
> >

> >   [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
> >   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
> >   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
> >

> >                                 - o -
> >

> > VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> > fully subscribe to this mail list?
> >

> >   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
> >   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
> >   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers

Also:

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 12:26, Daniel Rall wrote:

> __OR THOSE INVITED__

That is also my preference, but to avoid confusion my vote on 2 can be
counted as a -1

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 06:19:03PM +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [x] +1 yes, let's make it readable

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [x] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone

> Thanks in advance and sorry for the double poll noise.

No problem.

</Steven>

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> > Hmmm.  I looked at the datestamp of the original vote message and it
> > looked like I was under the 78 hour window for voting.  But you are
> > correct, it doesn't matter since I am just affirming the result.
> >

> I thought it was 72 hrs ? ;-)

Yeah, right, my mistake. 3 days = 72 hours not 78 :) I can't even count
anymore.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@icarus.apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@icarus.apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@wow.lk>.
+1 for open read and write.

Sanjiva.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by David Shane Holden <dp...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@karmalab.org>.
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [x] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [x] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

-Kurt

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                 - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [X] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only
>

>                                 - o -

Craig McClanahan

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                 - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

Carsten

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 12:19  PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [x] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [x] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

Diana

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
--- James Cox <ja...@imajes.info> wrote:
> Why are you changing the vote here?
>
> I would like to vote but you have changed the
> direction of this vote, in a
> way that's really wierd.
>
> Currently, as i understand it, the last vote favored
> opening the list to
> invited experts, with a public archive. How would I
> vote that here?
>
>  -- james

I think you want to vote +1 on the first issue and -1
on the second issue, with a subsequent vote later (if
it's even necessary) to extend access to invited
guests.

The last vote was essentially a free-for-all write-in
with no clear result IMO.  You interpreted the last
vote as allowing a public archive, but one could
easily assert that the option 3, no public archive,
won because it received the most votes.  The contrary
interpretation is that the public archive opinion won
because options 1 and 2 both allow an archive and
received more combined votes than option 3.  It was an
unclear format.

- Morgan

=====

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

 VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
 this mail list thru a web archive?

   [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
   [X] -1 no, let's keep it private

                                 - o -

 VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
 subscribe to this mail list?

   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

After all, that was the charter of the list to begin with. If you want
something different, try Yahoo Groups.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://kenya.rcbowen.com/

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org> writes:

> > > VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> > > this mail list thru a web archive?
> > >
> > >  [X ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
> > >  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
> > >  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
> > >

> > >                                - o -
> > >

> > > VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> > > subscribe to this mail list?
> > >
> > >  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
> > >  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
> > >  [X ] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

> Hmm.. re-submit someone else's ballot paper, thats the cut'n'paste
> generation for you. :)

Yeah - what they wrote.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
I agree:

> > VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> > this mail list thru a web archive?
> >
> >  [X ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
> >  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
> >  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
> >

> >                                - o -
> >

> > VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> > subscribe to this mail list?
> >
> >  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
> >  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
> >  [X ] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

Hmm.. re-submit someone else's ballot paper, thats the cut'n'paste generation for you. :)

d.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
> Please, allow me to restart the voting in order to make it easier to
> reach some consensus since it's hard to interpret the results of the
> previous one.

VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
this mail list thru a web archive?

  [x] +1 yes, let's make it readable
  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private

VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
subscribe to this mail list?

  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
  [x] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

S.

--
sander@temme.net                          http://www.temme.net/sander/
   PGP Fingerprint: 51B4 8727 466A 0BC3 69F4  B7B8 B2BE BC40 1529 24AF

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 05:19 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip>

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private

reason: if we need a private list, let's create one.

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

reason:

i'd like others to be able to post but i'd like their posts to be
moderated.

(this should avoid any need for committers to have to police the list by
flaming those who break the rules.)

- robert

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it private

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

Sander

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 12:19  PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [X] -1 no, let's keep it private
>                                - o -
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> fully subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

-pete

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                 - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

plus invited ones.

Giacomo

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Morgan Delagrange wrote:

>--- Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Please, allow me to restart the voting in order to
>>make it easier to
>>reach some consensus since it's hard to interpret
>>the results of the
>>previous one.
>>

>+1.  The last vote had way too many permutations.

+1 yes it did...  one day I will learn to get to the guts of the matter
in just this way ;-)

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.

=====

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by John Keyes <jk...@icarus.apache.org>.

> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

-John K

Re: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@apache.org>.
>VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
>this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>
>VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
>subscribe to this mail list?
>
>  [X] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>  [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>  [ ] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only
Bert

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.

RE: [VOTE] Openness

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@apache.org>.
> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
> this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it private
>

>                                 - o -
>

> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
> subscribe to this mail list?
>
>   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

Mvgr,
Martin