Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Porter, Mark" <Ma...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2003/04/15 14:47:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Maximum POST content size

Does anyone know what the maximum amount of data I can POST into an
Apache2 server is? There has to be a buffer that it gets written to, and
I'm wondering how big it is.

Also, I'm sure there's are practical considerations, like: "You can put
in this much without losing data, but you would be crazy if you actually
used more than (x) in the real world."

Thanks!

Mark

Re: [users@httpd] Maximum POST content size

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Porter, Mark wrote:

> Does anyone know what the maximum amount of data I can POST into an
> Apache2 server is? There has to be a buffer that it gets written to, and
> I'm wondering how big it is.

As much as LimitRequestBody allows.

> Also, I'm sure there's are practical considerations, like: "You can put
> in this much without losing data, but you would be crazy if you actually
> used more than (x) in the real world."

Apache passes the data to the handler (PHP, CGI, whatever). The handler is
responsible for not losing data.

nd
--
>>> Muschelflucht-Zusatzeinrichtung.
>> Shell-Escape ist ja noch klar, aber `Zusatzeinrichtung'?
> extension?
Feature.                          -- gefunden in de.org.ccc