Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Chilaka Ramakrishna <rk...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/26 20:33:55 UTC

Requesting to help me get on boarded on Apache Traffic Server

Hi all,
I am new to apache traffic server, I would really appreciate if anyone
would take little time in their busy schedule to guide me and point me in
the right direction and to the excellent resources so that I can understand
the code base and the theory behind it. I sincerely apologize for the
noise. I really want to do a meaningful contribution to the project.

Thanking you,
Ramakrishna Chilaka

Re: Requesting to help me get on boarded on Apache Traffic Server

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID>.
Unfortunately there is a dearth of good material for learning about the
internals. There is some documentation in the traffic server doc (look
under the "Developer Guide" which, while primarily about plugins, does have
some internal architecture sections). We have been making improvements in
the internal comments so that can be worth while as well.

If you are looking at #4367, you should note there has already been some
work in that area. Currently the plan is to use the "svtoi" and "svtou"
functions as the unified conversions, so I would study that interface and
possibly code as well as a start. You can look at some of the previous PRs
to see how it's used in practice. Feel free to ask on the IRC channel as
well.