Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by iamactivemquser <an...@consol.de> on 2013/03/27 14:01:22 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

Hi all,

anyone knows when is ActiveMQ 5.8.1 planned to be released?

Thanks,
Ana

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

Posted by iamactivemquser <an...@consol.de>.
thank you for your answer.

We have to release our project at the end of September and we would like to
use 5.9

Do you think 5.9 will be released in September?

Posted by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com>.
It's not a problem per se. It's just that the code can seem rather
cluttered at times with checks like:

if(LOG.isDebugEnabled()) {
  LOG.debug("blah" + myVariable + " foo");
}

The guards checks are mainly there because 1) the string concatenation
would always be done regardless of the prevailing log level and 2)
oftentimes markers cannot be used unless an Object is one of the first
markers. The latest version of slf4j removes these restrictions AFAIK.

With slf4j the above log statement becomes:

Log.debug("blah {} foo", myVariable);

Also, per the slf4j home page it states: "Since 1.7.5: Significant
improvement in logger retrieval times. Given the extent of the improvement,
users are highly encouraged to migrate to SLF4J 1.7.5 or later. "

I will create a Jira ticket.

Thanks,
Paul

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.

Posted by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com>.
Whenever 5.8.1 is released will it include changes to allow for greater
pluggability of the storage lockers, e.g., using a lease-database-locker
with the kahadb persistence adapter?
If not can you say when this might be addressed?

Thanks,
Paul

Posted by iamactivemquser <an...@consol.de>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
there is no hard plan, but  it will most likely be end or april/early may
before it gets done.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com