Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/15 20:10:40 UTC

Why the OSGi version policy I see?

Another 'why' question.

Why do we use

<_versionpolicy>[$(version;==;$(@)),$(version;+;$(@)))</_versionpolicy>

as opposed, perhaps, to

   <!-- Force consumers to respect third version component. -->

<_consumer-policy>$${range;[===,+)}</_consumer-policy>

or something like it? I don't, personally, even know what it means to
put that third value into the policy, I thought that only two slots
were defined.

As a matter of pointless taste, I am not fond of

<Bundle-Activator>${cxf.bundle.activator}</Bundle-Activator>

as opposed to just writing the instruction in the pom that wants it,
but I'm not proposing to have an argument (or to change it).

Re: Why the OSGi version policy I see?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
One more ...

      <_failok>true</_failok>

This seems dangerous to me. Don't we want to fix things if they are wrong?