Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jan Brinkmann <lu...@the-luckyduck.de> on 2004/11/09 16:46:46 UTC

werken.xpath in the lib dir

Hi,

I recently asked the werken.xpath team if it is possible that
they'll update their code to make a compile from source with
current versions of different libraries possible. they
said that their project is dead and they won't. The problem
now is that I want to resolve a problem from the gentoo
(www.gentoo.org) bugzilla which says that velocity uses packed
jars. that is right, and according to the new gentoo java policy
we try to compile everything we can from the sources. a more
important fact is that we dont want that packages such as
velocity, use external libs which are shipped with the
distribution (the tarball for example). instead we want to
remove those dependencies and replace them with gentoo own
packages. i'm nearly done for velocity with this, there is only
one package left which couldn't be build from source because
it is very old and otherwise nothing and nobody would use it
if we would add it in a binary only version. what do you developers
think, is it possible that you remove werken.xpath in the near future
to replace it with an library which is maintained , more up2date
and not deprecated? this would be nice and the job of people
who try to include velocity into their distribution much easier.

-- Jan

Fwd: werken.xpath in the lib dir

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

I'm forwarding your message to the developer list.  It looks more suitable here.
#*
I usually don't forward messages across lists, but this time I want to
know the answer to the question, too.  ;)
*#

To subscribe to the developer list, please send and email to
velocity-dev-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org
  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#Velocity
  http://www.mail-archive.com/velocity-dev@jakarta.apache.org/

Best regards,