Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrew McCombe <eu...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/06 13:08:45 UTC

What is QTime a measure of?

Hi

Just started using Solr/Lucene and am getting to grips with it.  Great
product!

What is the QTime a measure of?  is it milliseconds, seconds?  I tried a
Google search but couldn't fins anything definitive.

Thanks In Advance

Andrew McCombe

Re: What is QTime a measure of?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Not sure if you got the answer - QTime represents the number of milliseconds it took Solr to execute a search.  It does not include the time it takes to send back the response (that depends on its size, network speed...)

 Otis

Re: What is QTime a measure of?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Andrew McCombe <eu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just started using Solr/Lucene and am getting to grips with it.  Great
> product!

Welcome to Solr!

> What is the QTime a measure of?  is it milliseconds, seconds?  I tried a
> Google search but couldn't fins anything definitive.

QTime is the elapsed time (in milliseconds) between the arrival of the
request (when the SolrQueryRequest object is created) and the completion of
the request handler. In other words, it will tell you how long it took to
execute your query including things like query parsing, the actual search,
faceting etc.
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.