Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by sa...@usbank.com on 2001/10/18 01:10:54 UTC

Weird problem

I am using Websphere3.5 and I am using the WSTK2.4 toolkit for generating
the Deployment descriptor files.
When I run my client code from the command prompt I get the following
error.

Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Parsing error, response was:
An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x18) was found in the element content
of the
 document.

However when I use the TCPTunnelGUI tool it displays the following

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV
="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi
="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd
="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>COMProvider: native code exception:[SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server; msg=Failed to get dispid for method
get_ServerName]</faultstring>
<faultactor>/webapp/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>

The getServerName method looks good to me in the DeploymentDescriptor as
well as in the client code. (I used notepad to view the files).
Where else should I look to check this problem?

Thanx
Santosh

Re: Weird problem

Posted by Fred Meredith <fm...@nc.rr.com>.
Looks like it's because of that strange character after the method name:
get_ServerName

Remove that, and you should be fine.

Re: Weird problem