Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Beer, Christian" <Ch...@Diron.DE> on 2003/05/28 16:43:51 UTC

[jxpath] Iterating using "a/b//c//d[type='e']"...

Hello!

While evaluating JXPath if it could be used in my project, I got the
following problem:

I have a very complicated object tree that can get very big. It consists of
the following classes:

MyObject	(super-class of the following)
MyArray
MyName
MyDictionary
MyBoolean
MyString
MyInteger
MyReal
MyNull
MyReference

Rules:
- There is one root MyDictionary.
- all but MyArray and MyDictionary are leaf-nodes.
- Keys to the dictionarys are allways MyName objects.
- I created a MyDictionaryHandler that gives the keys as strings to jxpath.
- MyReference contains references to objects.
- My MyDictionary and MyArray resolve this references and return the real
objects in get and iterator.
- Sometimes there are items in MyDictionary called parent, that contain a
reference on the parent-My-Object.

The tree would look quite complex, so I'll skip it.

If I call, for example "myContext.iterate("a/b//c//d[t='f']")" on a quite
big tree, my program hangs.

Does anyone have an idea? Is it a loop in my tree? Is there a known bug in
JXPath?

I know it is quite complicated but I hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance,

Christian Beer

[DBCP] sample usage questions

Posted by Keith Veleba <ke...@veleba.net>.
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of retrofitting an application that
contains some database connection pooling.  Unfortunately, scalability
issues with the current custom pooling implementation have cropped up,
forcing a rewrite of those pools.  In my search, I discovered the DBCP
and decided to use it to implement more robust pools in our application.

However, I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer.

1)  My application calls for a number of pools to be created to
different databases.  I would like to know how best to use the objects
provided. Currently, our pooling is implemented using the Singleton
design pattern; I would like to create a version of that class which
uses the DBCP for pooling, and not our homegrown pooling code.
In the manual pooling example shown, the pool consists of the following
objects:

ObjectPool connectionPool = new GenericObjectPool(null);
ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
DriverManagerConnectionFactory(connectURI,null);
PoolableConnectionFactory poolableConnectionFactory = new
PoolableConnectionFactory(connectionFactory,connectionPool,null,null,fal
se,true);
PoolingDriver driver = new PoolingDriver();
driver.registerPool("example",connectionPool);

I would assume from this example that for any number of pools,  I would
need instances of the following:

1 ObjectPool, ConnectionFactory, and PoolableConnectionFactory for each
database connection pool
1 PoolingDriver for all connection pools.

Is this essentially correct?

Thanks,
Keith Veleba
<ke...@veleba.net>

DBCP sample usage questions

Re: [jxpath] Iterating using "a/b//c//d[type='e']"...

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dp...@yahoo.com>.
Christian,

It's very important that you use the current nightly build.  There is a
check for loops in the graph.  However, I don't think it is a 100%
guarantee against infinite loops.  If the upgrade to the current build
does not solve the problem, let me know - we'll have to investigate
further.

- Dmitri

http://calendar.yahoo.com