Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/20 09:11:14 UTC

8.7 Release

Hi devs,
A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for a
8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the *release branch* around *20
September*) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of us
ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and improvements.

Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
Regards,
Ishan

Re: 8.7 Release

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.
Also, we should try to respect the stuff we have put on the roadmap (Which
includes me getting a patch up for SIP-9 much sooner rather than even a
little later!)

--
http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Re: 8.7 Release

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

--
Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrien,

Re: 8.7 Release

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Noble, I'm curious what blockers you have in mind. I just checked JIRA, and
while I see a number of 9.0 blockers, I'm not counting many 8.7 blockers?

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:13 AM Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a lot of blockers for 8.7. It's good to plan in advance
>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 7:11 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
> <ic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi devs,
> > A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for
> a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around
> 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of
> us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and
> improvements.
> >
> > Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
> > Regards,
> > Ishan

Adrien

Re: 8.7 Release

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.
+1

I am happy to take it up.

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 14:56, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Atri Sharma <at...@linux.com>
>
> Atri, I just remembered you wanted to volunteer for the release. If you're
> still interested, please let me know. I can shadow you and help you during
> the release in that case.
>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 2:43 PM Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There are a lot of blockers for 8.7. It's good to plan in advance
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 7:11 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
>>

>> <ic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Hi devs,
>>

>> > A lot of changes are now in 8.7 or in-flight. I'd like to volunteer for
>> a 8.7 release in around a month from now (cutting the release branch around
>> 20 September) and RC shortly after. I feel this timeline will give all of
>> us ample time to wrap up the release blockers, other changes and
>> improvements.
>>

>> > Does someone have any thoughts, concerns or objections?
>>

>> > Regards,
>>

>> > Ishan
>>

>> --

>> Noble Paul