Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com> on 2001/01/19 20:28:54 UTC

[BUG] What I did to Delete.java and what you didn't ;-)

Stefan,

When testing my new stuff (chmod, chown, chgrp and chrights), I came across
a bug. Because you seem to be working on this at this moment, I'm not fixing
it myself.
When you set the quiet attribute to true, if doesn't delete the directory.
If I don't touch it (default is false anyawy) I don't get the "documented'
exceptions when the directory doesn't exist....

Mvgr,
Martin van den Bemt
mvdb@mvdb.com

Posted by Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>.
> > Because you seem to be working on this at this moment, I'm not
> > fixing it myself.
>
> I thought Glenn was 8-)

I am. :-)

I've fixed the message issue.  I've also fixed the bug with the quiet flag.
The logic was right, just in the wrong order. :-)  If quiet=true (!quiet
&& !d.delete()) expression resolves to false *before* trying the delete, so
the delete never happens.

Once ssh and cvs are back up and running, I'll check in the fix.

Glenn McAllister

RE: [BUG] What I did to Delete.java and what you didn't ;-)

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com>.
I'll check out the latest version tonight and see if the problem still
exists (maby it's solved by accident) If the bug is still there, I'll fix
it...

Mvgr,
Martin

> Because you seem to be working on this at this moment, I'm not
> fixing it myself.

I thought Glenn was 8-)

Anyway, I don't think I'll find time to look into your issues today,
so if you know how to fix the bug, feel free to send a patch anyway.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.