Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ahmed Talaat <ai...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/02 14:13:33 UTC

problem with internet Explorer 6 ( products are not viewed the way they should )

Hi, i have a problem with IE6, the products in the categoryDetail.flt appear
in a diagonal form instead of being aligned to the left . this problem does
not appear on firefox nor IE7.

Does anybody know a reason for this???

thnx...
Ahmed Talaat

Re: problem with internet Explorer 6 ( products are not viewed the way they should )

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Ahmed Talaat wrote:

> Hi, i have a problem with IE6, the products in the categoryDetail.flt
> appear
> in a diagonal form instead of being aligned to the left . this problem does
> not appear on firefox nor IE7.
>
> Does anybody know a reason for this???

I would guess that an overwhelming number of the core developers work on a Mac
platform. And for the rest IE6 ->IE7 was an automatic upgrade unless the
computer failed the Windows Genuine Advantage check because of a pirate version
of Windows.

The project relies on <div>'s rather than <tables>'s and IE6 has known issues
with broken behavior with <div>'s.

Getting back to a fix...  you might think about editing your maincss.css
We have this note (which now seems wrong with two height parameters) YMMV

.productsummary {
position: relative;
padding: 5px;
border-bottom: #999 solid 1px;
min-height: 60px;
height:auto !important;
height:60px;
}

We have internal users who have Windows2000, and IE6 is all they are going to
get from M$, so I emphasize with your display issues.

<slight off-topic>
Yesterday I fired up an OS-X box yesterday, and I forgot how more intuitive the
Safari browser is with ofBiz/Opentaps. The highlighting around the text box with
focus is huge.
</slight off-topic>

--
Walter