Posted to users@camel.apache.org by cgsk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/15 14:49:26 UTC

HTTP timeout

Hi there,

I am using camel http component for calling external webservice. For timeout
I am setting httpClient.soTimeout=10000 as a query parameter in the service
url. But httpclient debug logs shows retries 3 times with a timeout of 20
secs (when unable establish connection to the host).

So eventually it exceeds my timeout of 10 secs. Why httpclient libraries
default behaviour of retrying is not getting overriden by soTimeout. Is
there a better way to disable retry through camel config. Please advise.

Re: HTTP timeout

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM, cgsk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am using camel http component for calling external webservice. For timeout
> I am setting httpClient.soTimeout=10000 as a query parameter in the service
> url. But httpclient debug logs shows retries 3 times with a timeout of 20
> secs (when unable establish connection to the host).
>
> So eventually it exceeds my timeout of 10 secs. Why httpclient libraries
> default behaviour of retrying is not getting overriden by soTimeout. Is
> there a better way to disable retry through camel config. Please advise.

You should read up on the docs on Http Client 3.1 as its the library being used
You can set more timeout options and whether it should retry or not.

For example somewhere in the javadoc you can read about the parameter
classes, and find the options to set for additional timeouts and
whatnot
https://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/apidocs/index.html

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.