Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Maruthi <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/03 09:40:38 UTC

request for Information on Servlets/JSP portlets

Hello Everybody,

I would like to develop all my portlets from HTML and Servlets/JSP.Can i use Servlets for developing Portlets?.I want to develop a Portlet which stores the User Registration information in database (mySQL) using JDBC,Servlets/JSP.The frontend is HTML and i would like to use JDBC,Servlets/JSP  and would like to connect to mySQL databse.If there is any possibility i would like to use servlets instead of JSP.Will it work?.

I alredy developed my Servlet to connect and store the user information in databse.Can i use that one as it is or should i change anything?.I already gone through the Jetspeed Tutorial.It is not much descriptive.Please guide me in this regard.Thank you very much for sparing your precious time for me.

Thanks,

Maruthi.

http://mail.yahoo.com