Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nop Lists <no...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/23 23:20:32 UTC

Complex problem with: Webservice Request (SOAP), HTTPS, Client Certificate

Hello,
I need to load test a webservice over https.
I have imported the server certificate into the keystore.
The developer said, the client (JMeter in my case, Internet Explorer for the
users) should send a client certificate with the request.
I was not successfull importing the client certificate (in .p12 - format)
into the keystore: keytool was complaining
             keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Input not an X.509certificate
Any clue how to overcome the problem?

The error message starts with

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert:
handshake_failure

I am using both JMeter 2.2 and 2.1.1 (a solution to any of them would
suffice), Java 1.4 (can upgrade to 1.5 if needed).

Just for reference - after importing the cient certificate to internet
explorer I was able to get a response.

Thanks for any help
Nop