Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Amiram Shachar <am...@ybrantdigital.com> on 2013/06/01 20:39:51 UTC

CouchDB Errors showing up on log files

Hey all,

In the last 2 weeks I see this error showing up again and again on my
Couchdb log file
[info] [<0.31175.1281>] OS Process #Port<0.37331591> Log ::  function
raised error: (new TypeError("result has no properties",
"/usr/local/share/couchdb/server/main.js", 953))

In Addition, I had a problem with my replication last week
The slave server was unable to write new documents that were received from
the master
the error on the log was :

 [error] [<0.20743.1529>] Replicator: couldn't write document `<doc_id>`,
revision `<rev_id>`, to target database `http://<my_server>:5984/<db>/`.
 Error: `forbidden`, reason: `The `source' property must exist and be
either a string or an object.`.

Can you please help me to understand where these errors come from and what
can I do in order to take care of this ?

Thanks in advance,

Amiram.

Re: CouchDB Errors showing up on log files

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
The _replicator database is only for storing documents for the replicator.
So the second message is stopping you saving a document that doesn't look
like a replicator doc. The source and target properties are mandatory for
those.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
The other possibility is that you've replicated the design document from a
replicator database into one of your other databases by mistake.