Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2019/01/24 21:33:35 UTC

[NOTICE] Hadoop project discussing EOL for Hadoop 2.7

heads up that the Apache Hadoop project is discussing marking their 2.7
release line as EOL:

https://s.apache.org/Nm83

Hadoop 2.7.1+ is the most recent Hadoop release line to get the "(y)"
marker in our Hadoop matrix for HBase branches-1. It's also the earliest
Hadoop release line to get the same for our HBase branches-2.

If folks want to weigh in on that discussion, now's the time. What, if
anything, do we as a community want to do to prepare for when it eventually
happens?

Re: [NOTICE] Hadoop project discussing EOL for Hadoop 2.7

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
yep! I agree that would be consistent with the previous consensus
position if that's what we want to do.

I'll try to take a look at the state of 2.8 and 2.9 and see if I can
answer your earlier question about "why not just go to for minimum 2.9
instead of 2.8?"

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [NOTICE] Hadoop project discussing EOL for Hadoop 2.7

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.