Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Diye Wariebi <di...@escapethenet.co.uk> on 2002/11/05 15:35:22 UTC

[users@httpd] php_value in config file

Hi

I am running Apache 1.3.26 with PHP 4.2.3

I would like to set global_registers to be ON for certain sites only.  I
thought that I could use the below under VH section to set this

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.mydomain.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/site
php_value register_globals 1
</VirtualHost>

But I keep getting an error message when I run "apachectl configtest".
The error message is as below

"Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration."

Below is my confirmation that I have PHP installed etc..

[notice] Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a DAV/1.0.3 PHP/4.2.3
mod_ssl/2.8.10 OpenSSL/0.9.6b mod_perl/1.27 configured -- resuming
normal operations

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

thx

Re: [users@httpd] php_value in config file

Posted by Diye Wariebi <di...@escapethenet.co.uk>.
On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 16:15, Jacob Coby wrote:
> And php is working otherwise?  You've tested it, correct?

Yes it's working fine otherwise linking with MySql using HORDE

> If so, you might have to take it to the php list and/or search the php bug
> db for entries.
Hmm. Not sure if that's the correct place but will try anyway.  Need a
solution desperately.

Thanks for the help

Re: [users@httpd] php_value in config file

Posted by Diye Wariebi <di...@escapethenet.co.uk>.
I found a solution in the PHP bug list.

You need to add the an if statement in the VH section.

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.mydomain.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/site
<IfModule mod_php4.c>